Advertisers - Exhibitors - Speakers
MÂCHÉ recognizes the advantage of working together with our advertisers, exhibitors, and speakers to benefit the many home educating families in Minnesota. It builds a strong organization and provides a great resource of wisdom, both of which are important in strengthening home education across the nation.
If you are interested in participating with MÂCHÉ in any of these areas, please follow the instructions on this page. Note that all advertisers, exhibitors, and speakers must be pre-approved by MACHE before they register.
Click on one of the following links for more information:
Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators (MÂCHÉ) is making available to our conference exhibitors (and a few other specially-selected advertisers) the opportunity to purchase advertising space in our 2014 Conference Program Booklet, which will be distributed to over 4,000 attendees at MÂCHÉ's Homeschool Conference and Curriculum Fair on April 11 - 12, 2014. NOTE: MÂCHÉ will begin taking applications for the 2014 program booklet ads in October of 2013.
SIZE AND PRICING
Ad space in MÂCHÉ's 2014 Conference Program Booklet is priced as follows:
Full page ad (7 1⁄2" by 10" printable space) = $600
1/2 page ad (7 1⁄2" by 4 3⁄4" printable space) = $350
1/4 page ad (3 1⁄2" by 4 3⁄4" printable space) = $220
1/8 page ad (3 1⁄2" by 2 3⁄8" printable space) = $120
The ad must be in full color.
Electronic graphic files will be accepted in PDF and JPEG formats only. Your submission MUST be the correct size of the ad which you have paid for and MUST have a resolution of 300 dpi. Ads designed in word-processing programs (MSWord, WordPerfect), presentation/drawing programs (PowerPoint, Publisher, Paint) or similar programs not uniquely designed for publishing will not be accepted.
Transmit file submissions to our MÂCHÉ editor with "MÂCHÉ Conference Advertising" in the subject line.
You might consider offering a "Special Deal" in your ad for post-conference purchases. Free shipping, for instance, or 10% off purchases made by a specific date would encourage conference attendees to refer to your ad long after the conference closes, giving your product more exposure than ever before. This is a good place, also, for your web address to appear.
Reimbursement for a cancelled advertisement is as follows:
- Eight weeks or more before the conference, full refund minus a $25 service fee.
- Less than eight weeks before the conference, no refund.
MÂCHÉ requires adherence to the following general guidelines and reserves the right to limit the size or reject any ad without explanation.
- The ad must not undermine MÂCHÉ's Statement of Faith.
- The ad must be pertinent to home education.
- The ad must not be offensive to Christians.
- The ad must not be a government-funded program.
- The ad must be a color PDF or JPEG high-resolution (print quality) digital file.
- The ad must be paid for in advance.
- MÂCHÉ reserves the right to limit the size or reject any ad without explanation.
The procedure for purchasing and submitting an ad for the 2014 conference program booklet is as follows:
- All advertisers MUST purchase their ads online BEFORE they submit their ad files.
- Go to www.mache.org.
- Under EVENTS, select “2014 Conference - Duluth.”
- Select the Advertisers-Exhibitors-Speakers tab.
- Go to the “Advertising with MACHE” section, second paragraph, and click on “HERE.”
- On the page that opens up, enter the password that you were provided in your invitation letter.
- Purchase the number and size of ads that you wish to place in the MÂCHÉ conference program.
- Ad purchases MUST be made by January 31, 2014.
- You will receive an invoice/receipt from MÂCHÉ via email.
- Forward a copy of the invoice/receipt to our MÂCHÉ editor. This will let her know what size ad you have purchased and she can reserve the ad space while waiting for your ad files.
- Transmit the digitized files to our MACHE editor. All ad files MUST be submitted no later than February 7, 2014.
- Make sure you provide your complete contact information so the editor can contact you if she has questions or needs additional information.
Submissions for the 2014 MÂCHÉ Conference exhibit hall will be accepted beginning in September 2013. Products or services for sale should be of educational use to homeschooling families. The MÂCHÉ Conference Chairman reserves the right to accept or reject an exhibitor without explanation.
Exhibitors who have participated at the MÂCHÉ conference within the past three years will be considered for the 2014 conference.
NEW EXHIBITOR CANDIDATES:
New exhibitors for the 2014 MÂCHÉ conference must submit the following information:
- Brief biographical sketch of yourself and your business
- Brochure or catalogue of your business
- Sample of what you would be selling
- Contact phone number and mailing address
- Your website address
- Your current working email address
- The name of the person with whom we would be corresponding
- MÂCHÉ will continue to invite new exhibitors until the exhibit hall is full. MÂCHÉ will post a notice on this page when we are no longer accepting applications. Submitted materials will not be returned.
- Address your correspondence to:
Conference Exhibit Hall Director
P.O. Box 32308
Fridley, MN 55432
EXHIBITOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES:
All invited exhibitors, whether or not they attend the MÂCHÉ conference, may participate in three advertising opportunities: the conference program booklet, conference bags, and the AHEAD Virtual "Gift Basket" promotion.
- MÂCHÉ conference program booklet, an attractive, 36-page booklet, contains details of the conference weekend and numerous exhibitor advertisements. MÂCHÉ distributes copies at the conference to approximately 2,500 attending family units (5,000 attendees).
- Conference bags contain a collection of advertising flyers from various homeschool-related businesses. Bags are distributed to each of the 2,500 attending family units (5,000 attendees). MÂCHÉ has selected AllianceBags as its bagging service.
- MÂCHÉ has also chosen to participate in AHEAD's Virtual "Gift Basket". American Home Education and Discipleship (AHEAD) has developed a program to help exhibitors advertise their products and promote their businesses to conference attendees of participating Christian statewide homeschool conferences nationwide.
- The exhibit hall Postcard gives smaller exhibitors a chance to encourage attendees to stop at their booths. Small exhibitors purchase a 'tab' on a 4"x6" card which is distributed to attendees as they arrive at the conference. Attendees go around the exhibit hall to visit the booths listed on the postcard tabs and have it hole-punched by the exhibitor, then enter their completed postcard in a drawing for a very nice prize.
Once accepted as an exhibitor, you will receive further information in your exhibitor invitation letter concerning each of these opportunities.
- September 1: MÂCHÉ will begin reviewing information from exhibitor and advertiser candidates.
- Late-September: MÂCHÉ will send all selected exhibitors and advertisers an invitation and instructions for online registration. This letter will explain the details of exhibiting, including costs and availability of workshop times, advertising with AllianceBags.com, and purchasing advertisements in the conference program booklet.
- Late October: Exhibitors who wish to have their names included in the conference brochure (please note that this is a different MÂCHÉ publication than the conference program booklet) must complete an application by this time in order to meet publication deadlines. If space in the exhibit hall is available after this deadline, exhibitors may still submit an application. Advertisers may continue to submit advertising applications.
- January 1: The conference brochure will be mailed to all of the previous three years' attendees and all MÂCHÉ members. MÂCHÉ conference registration will begin.
- Late-January: Advertiser applications must be completed by this time in order to be included in the conference program booklet. The specific deadline is included in your advertising invitation letter. This is also the deadline for the AHEAD Virtual "Gift Basket" submissions.
- Mid-March: Application to participate in the AllianceBags.com advertising opportunity must be complete. The specific deadline varies according to the date of our annual conference. The specific deadline is included in your MÂCHÉ AllianceBags.com acceptance letter.
- Mid-April: The MÂCHÉ Conference begins.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BY EXHIBITORS:
- What does it cost to exhibit? (Price increases $50.00 after the deadline)
- Single booth - $410.00
- Two booths - $875.00
- Three booths - $1,490.00
- Two-booth EndCap - $1,115.00
- Four-booth EndCap - $2,575.00 *
- Six-booth EndCap - $4245.00 *
Workshops - $100.00 each
Nametags – two free per booth - then $10.00 each additional
* (There are no four or six-booth EndCaps available at the Mayo Civic Center in Rochester)
- What size are the booths?
- 10x10 in Duluth and St. Paul
- 8x10 in Rochester
- What is included in a booth?
- One 8x2 table
- Two folding chairs
- What are the set up and tear down days and times?
- Set up is the Thursday from 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Tear down is Saturday beginning at 5:30 PM until done
- What are the exhibit hall hours?
- Friday and Saturday from 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- When can I get into the exhibit hall in the mornings?
- 7:00 AM
- What is included in the workshop room?
- A standard overhead projector, a screen, a microphone and a lectern
If you need a Power Point projector, you will have to make those arrangements through the DECC (when in Duluth) or Brede (when in St. Paul or Rochester), or bring your own.
- What is the cancellation policy?
Should you need to cancel your booth space or workshop(s) you will receive a full refund less $25.00 handling fee if you cancel at least eight weeks prior to the conference. If you need to cancel at any point between five and eight weeks before the conference there will be a half refund less the $25.00 handling fee. Any cancellations within the last five weeks will receive no refund. There are no refunds on extra nametag charges. Also, there will only be a refund on cancelled advertisements if the cancellation is received at least 8 weeks prior to the conference.
- How do I order electricity or Internet use?
These need to be ordered directly from the facility. Forms are available online at the facility’s web site.
- How do I ship my product to the convention site?
- Check with Brede for shipping to St. Paul and the Mayo Civic Center
- Check online at www.decc.org for Duluth
- Where do I unload? Where do I park?
Each facility has a web site that exhibitors can go to and download maps for both loading and parking. See the web addresses listed above.
- Can I bring food into the convention hall?
No, unless you have a specific medical need (such as diabetes) and then you need to have medical proof (a medical alert ID tag, a prescription, a doctor’s note, etc.)
- What is the sales tax?
- Sales tax for Rochester is 7.375% (2013)
- Sales tax for St. Paul is 7.625% (2013)
- Sales tax for Duluth is 7.875% (2013)
- Can I receive an advanced copy of the exhibit hall floor plan?
- When will I receive information regarding next year’s conference?
All Exhibitors selected by the MACHE Board will receive a letter of invitation for the Conference Exhibit Hall in October. This information explains all the details necessary to register.
There are two types of speaking opportunities at the annual MÂCHÉ Homeschool Conference and Curriculum Fair: MÂCHÉ Workshop Speaker and Exhibitor Workshop Speaker.
MÂCHÉ WORKSHOP SPEAKERS
MÂCHÉ invites speakers to share practical information on a variety of subjects of interest to homeschooling families. This process of inviting speakers begins during the summer months, so begin your application process early.
Please submit the following information:
- Biographical sketch with a picture
- Website address
- Phone number and mailing address
- A current working e-mail address
- List of references or conferences where you have spoken in the past
- Titles and descriptions of the workshop topics that you present
- An audio recording of one of your workshops
- Address your correspondence to:
Conference Director - Workshop Speaker
P.O. Box 32308
Fridley, MN 55432
MÂCHÉ will keep your information for several years and use it to consider future speakers. The conference director will contact you if your workshop presentation(s) correlate with the overall goal and theme of the current conference. MÂCHÉ does not return submitted materials.
MÂCHÉ decides which speakers to invite to speak at the conference and reserves the right to accept or reject any speaker without explanation.
EXHIBITOR WORKSHOP SPEAKERS
When MÂCHÉ accepts an exhibitor's application to sell products or services in the exhibit hall at the annual conference, the exhibitor is also sent an application to be an exhibitor workshop speaker.
Exhibitor workshop speakers conduct workshops that demonstrate and/or explain products or services that they offer as exhibitors at the MÂCHÉ Homeschool Conference and Curriculum Fair.
For more information about being an exhibitor at a MÂCHÉ conference, go to the "EXHIBITING WITH MÂCHÉ" section above.
The corporation will promote and its board members and officers will believe and profess the following Statement of Faith:
The Bible is the verbally* inspired, infallible, literal, written, Word of God and constitutes His completed and final revelation to man. It is the sole rule of faith and practice for the believer. The Bible, in its original autographs**, is without error in whole and in part, including theological concepts as well as geographical and historical details.
God has existed from all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ was God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, come in human flesh, born of a virgin, being fully God and fully man, except without sin.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
Apart from Christ, all men are in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His holy character both by nature and act, and are therefore under His wrath and just condemnation.
The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was Man’s redemption, to demonstrate God’s all-holy character that He alone is just and the One Who justifies. Jesus Christ alone paid the penalty for man’s sin through His substitutionary death on the cross, the successful accomplishment of which was attested to by His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection.
Salvation is God’s free gift to the sinner. By God’s grace alone, this gift must be responded to by individual repentance with faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ.
We believe in the Church – a living, spiritual body of which Christ is the head and of which all regenerated people in this age are members. We believe that a local church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, and associated for worship, work, fellowship, and learning together. We believe that the local church is critical to God’s purpose for this age and that every Christian should be accountable to and involved with a local church.
We believe marriage is a God-ordained institution consisting of the union of one man and one woman.
We believe God has given parents the responsibility of training and teaching their own children.
*”verbally” – that is, “every word” of the original writings of Scripture was given by the Holy Spirit who superintended each writer and used the unique background and style of each writer in selecting the precise words God wanted to use. In other words, each writer of the Scripture was controlled by the Holy Spirit of God in the choice of the words which he used in communicating divine truth. (Matthew 5:18; 1 Corinthians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)
**”autographs” – a person’s own handwriting or self-recording. Each writer’s original manuscript. Inspiration does not necessarily apply to copies of the original manuscript.