Advertisers, Exhibitors & Speakers
ADVERTISERS, EXHIBITORS, & SPEAKERS
MÂCHÉ recognizes the advantage of working together with our advertisers, exhibitors, and speakers to benefit the many home educating families in Minnesota. It builds a strong organization and provides a great resource of wisdom, both of which are important in strengthening home education across the state and ultimately our nation.
If you are interested in participating with MÂCHÉ in encouraging and equipping Minnesota home educators, the following information may be of interest to you. The opportunities listed on this page are particular to the MÂCHÉ conference and its conference publications.
MÂCHÉ has just created a new ADVERTISING KIT which you may also want to consider. It contains opportunities for advertising in The Paper MÂCHÉ magazine, The NonPaper MÂCHÉ E-bulletin, and on our website home page. If you want more information about advertising for our non-conference publications, contact the Advertising Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-717-9070 (866-717-9070).
If you would like to see our SPONSORSHIP KIT or would like more information on becoming a conference sponsor, contact Jim Brinker at email@example.com.
ADVERTISING WITH MÂCHÉ (CONFERENCE)
Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators (MÂCHÉ) is making available the opportunity to purchase advertising space in our Conference Program Booklet, which will be distributed to over 5,000 attendees at MÂCHÉ's Homeschool Conference and Curriculum Fair.
Size and Pricing
Ad space in MÂCHÉ's Conference Program Booklet is priced as follows:
- Full page ad (7 1⁄2" by 10" printable space) = $600
- Half page ad (7 1⁄2" by 4 3⁄4" printable space) = $375
- Quarter page ad (3 1⁄2" by 4 3⁄4" printable space) = $225
- Eighth page ad (3 1⁄2" by 2 3⁄8" printable space) = $135
- The ad must be in full color.
- Electronic graphic files will be accepted in PDF and JPEG formats only.
- Your submission must be the correct size of the ad which you have paid for and must have a resolution of 300 dpi. No bleeds are accepted.
- Ads designed in word-processing programs (MSWord, WordPerfect), presentation/drawing programs (PowerPoint, Publisher, Paint) or similar programs not uniquely designed for publishing will not be accepted.
- You might consider offering a special deal in your ad for post-conference purchases. For instance, "free shipping" or "10% off" purchases made by a specific date would encourage conference attendees to refer to your ad long after the conference closes, giving your product more exposure than ever before. This is also a good place for your web address to appear.
Cancellation Policy for Advertising in the Conference Program Booklet
Reimbursement for a cancelled advertisement is as follows:
- Eight weeks or more before the conference: full refund, minus a $25 service fee.
- Less than eight weeks before the conference: no refund.
MÂCHÉ requires adherence to the following general guidelines and reserves the right to limit the size or reject any ad without explanation.
- The ad must not undermine MÂCHÉ's STATEMENT OF FAITH.
- The ad must be pertinent to home education.
- The ad must not be offensive to Christians.
- The ad must not be a government-funded program.
- The ad must be a color JPEG high-resolution (print quality) digital file.
- The ad must be paid for in advance.
Procedure for Submitting an Ad
The procedure for purchasing and submitting an ad for the conference program booklet is as follows:
- For the actual process of purchasing an advertisement, refer to the “Advertiser & Exhibitor Instructions for Registering Online” page included in your invitation letter.
- General Procedural Information:
- All advertisers MUST purchase their ads online before they submit their ad files.
- Ad purchases MUST be made by January 31.
- You will receive an automated invoice/receipt from MÂCHÉ via email.
- Forward a copy of the invoice/receipt to our MÂCHÉ advertising editor via firstname.lastname@example.org with "MÂCHÉ Advertising Editor" written in the subject line. This will let her know what size ad you have purchased and she can reserve the ad space while waiting for your ad files.
- Transmit the digitized files to our MÂCHÉ advertising editor via email@example.com. All ad files MUST be submitted no later than February 9.
- Make sure you provide your complete contact information (with a current working email address) so the editor can contact you if there are further questions which need answers.
Submissions for the MÂCHÉ conference exhibit hall will be accepted beginning in August. Products for sale or services provided should be of educational use or of great interest to home educating families. MÂCHÉ reserves the right to accept or reject an exhibitor without explanation.
Exhibitors who have been invited and/or exhibited in a MÂCHÉ Conference and Curriculum Fair exhibit hall within the past three years will receive an invitation to return to the next year’s conference. You do not need to contact MÂCHÉ to be re-invited.
New Exhibitor Candidates
New exhibitors for the MÂCHÉ Conference and Curriculum Fair must submit the following information in order to be considered:
- Brief biographical sketch of yourself and your business
- Brochure or catalogue of your business
- Sample of what you would be selling or services that you would offer
- Contact phone number and mailing address
- Your website address
- Your current working email address
- The name of the person with whom we would be corresponding
MÂCHÉ will continue to invite new exhibitors until the exhibit hall is full. MÂCHÉ will post a notice on this page when we are no longer accepting applications. Submitted materials will not be returned.
Address your correspondence to:
Conference Exhibit Hall Coordinator
P.O. Box 32308
Fridley, MN 55432
Exhibitor Advertising Opportunities
All invited exhibitors, whether or not they attend the MÂCHÉ Conference and Curriculum Fair, may participate in the following: advertising in the Conference Program Booklet, submitting flyers for our conference bags, and supporting MÂCHÉ through sponsorships.
- MÂCHÉ Conference Program Booklet, an attractive, 44+ page booklet, contains details of the conference weekend and numerous exhibitor advertisements. MÂCHÉ distributes copies at the conference to approximately 2,500 attending family units (5,000 attendees). To look at a sample conference program booklet, click HERE.
- Conference bags contain a collection of advertising flyers from various homeschool-related businesses. Bags are distributed to each of the 2,500 attending family units (5,000 attendees). MÂCHÉ has selected AllianceBags as its bagging service. Contact AllianceBags at info@AllianceBags.com for pricing and further information, or visit their Website.
- Sponsorships are available to help support various MÂCHÉ projects both for the conference and for the organization as a whole. For more information, contact Jim Brinker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once accepted as an exhibitor, you will receive further information in your exhibitor invitation letter concerning each of these opportunities.
- August 1: MÂCHÉ will begin reviewing information from exhibitor and advertiser candidates.
- Early September: MÂCHÉ will send all selected exhibitors and advertisers an invitation and instructions for online registration. This letter will explain the details of exhibiting, including costs and availability of exhibitor workshops, advertising with AllianceBags.com, and purchasing advertisements in the Conference Program Booklet. Exhibitor registration will begin in early September.
- Mid-November: Exhibitors who wish to have their names included in The Paper MÂCHÉ - Conference Issue magazine (Please note that this is a different MÂCHÉ publication than the Conference Program Booklet) and on the “Online Exhibitor List” must complete an application by this time in order for us to meet our publication deadlines. (The Paper MÂCHÉ - Conference Issue magazine is mailed out January 1.) If space in the exhibit hall is available after this deadline, exhibitors may still submit an application to participate. These exhibitors' names will not be listed in The Paper MÂCHÉ - Conference Issue magazine, but will be included on the “Online Exhibitor List.” Advertisers may continue to submit advertising applications through January 31.
- January 1: The Paper MÂCHÉ - Conference Issue magazine will be mailed to all of the previous three years' conference attendees and all MÂCHÉ members (approximately 5,000 family units). MÂCHÉ conference attendee registration will begin.
- February 1: Advertiser applications must be completed by this time in order to be included in the Conference Program Booklet. The specific deadline is included in your advertising invitation letter.
- Mid-March: Application to participate in the AllianceBags.com conference bags must be completed. The specific deadline varies from year to year, but the deadline for the current year will be included in your MÂCHÉ exhibitor invitation letter.
- Mid-April: The MÂCHÉ Conference begins. (Specific dates vary from year to year.)
FAQs FOR EXHIBITORS
What does it cost to exhibit?
Booth prices increase by $50.00 after the Early Registration deadline (listed in your Exhibitor Invitation Letter).
Single booth - $435
Two In-line booths - $920
Two-booth EndCap - $1,175 - (6 available)
Three In-line booths - $1,565 - (4 available)
Four In-line booths - $2,145 - (2 available)
Four-booth EndCap - $2,700 - (6 available)
Six-booth EndCap - $4,460 - (3 available)
Eight-booth EndCap - $5,945 - (2 available)
Workshops (60 minutes each) - $120 each - (42 available)
What size are the booth spaces?
Each booth space is 10'x10' at all three venues - Rochester, Duluth and St. Paul.
What is included in each booth?
One 8'x2' table
Two folding chairs
One small sign with your business's name on it
What are the set-up and tear-down days and times?
Set-up: Thursday afternoon prior to the conference, 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
Tear-down: Saturday beginning at 5:30 PM until done.
What are the exhibit hall hours?
Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
When can I get into the exhibit hall in the mornings?
What is included in the exhibitor workshop room?
A screen, a microphone and a lectern.
Overhead projectors are no longer available at any of our venues.
If you need a Power Point projector, you will need to make those arrangements through the DECC (when in Duluth), from Brede (when in St. Paul or Rochester), or you may bring your own.
What is the cancellation policy for an exhibitor booth?
At least 8 weeks before the conference: You will receive a full refund, less a $25.00 handling fee.
Between 5-8 weeks before the conference: There will be a half refund, less a $25.00 handling fee.
Less than 5 weeks before the conference: There will be no refund.
How do I order electricity or Internet service?
These need to be ordered directly from the facility either beforehand or onsite. Cost is higher if ordered onsite. Forms are available on the venues' websites.
St. Paul RiverCentre: http://rivercentre.s3.amazonaws.com/doc/2017-Facility-Rates.pdf
Rochester Mayo Civic Center: https://mayociviccenter.com/exhibitors/exhibitor-information
How do I ship my products to the venue site?
St. Paul RiverCentre: Check with Brede at http://www.brede.com/Home/OnlineOrdering.aspx
Duluth DECC: http://www.brede.com/Home/OnlineOrdering.aspx
Rochester Mayo Civic Center: Check with Brede at http://www.brede.com/Home/OnlineOrdering.aspx
Where do I unload? Where do I park?
Each facility has a web page where exhibitors can get this information and download maps for both loading and parking. See the web addresses listed above.
Can I bring food into the convention hall?
No, unless you have a specific medical need (such as diabetes or extreme food allergies) and then you need to have medical proof (a medical alert ID tag, a prescription, or a doctor’s note). Each venue’s caterer works hard to accommodate those who are gluten-, dairy-, or nut-intolerant.
What is the sales tax for my products?
Sales tax for Rochester is 7.875%
Sales tax for St. Paul is 7.625%
Sales tax for Duluth is 8.375%
Can I receive an advanced copy of the exhibit hall floor plan?
When will I receive information regarding next year’s conference?
All Exhibitors selected by the MÂCHÉ Exhibit Hall Coordinator will receive a letter of invitation for the conference exhibit hall in early September. This letter explains all the details necessary to register.
SPEAKING FOR MÂCHÉ
There are two types of speaking opportunities at the annual MÂCHÉ Homeschool Conference and Curriculum Fair: MÂCHÉ Workshop Speaker and Exhibitor Workshop Speaker.
MÂCHÉ WORKSHOP SPEAKER
MÂCHÉ invites speakers to share practical information on a variety of subjects of interest to home educating families. The process of inviting speakers to speak at our conference begins during the early summer months, so begin your application process early.
We need a Speaker Packet from each of our potential speakers before starting the consideration process. This packet may be submitted either digitally (email) or by mail.
Please submit the following information:
- Biographical sketch with a recent photo
- Website address
- Phone number and mailing address
- A current working e-mail address
- List of references or conferences where you have spoken in the past
- Titles and descriptions of the workshop topics that you present
- An audio recording of one of your workshop presentations
Address your correspondence to:
MÂCHÉ Speaker Coordinator
P.O. Box 32308
Fridley, MN 55432
Or you may send it digitally (email) to: email@example.com (SUBJECT LINE: MACHE Speaker Coordinator).
MÂCHÉ will keep your information for several years and refer to it when considering speakers for future conferences. The speaker coordinator will contact you if your workshop presentation(s) works well with the overall goal and theme of the current conference.
MÂCHÉ does not return submitted materials.
MÂCHÉ decides which speakers to invite to speak at the conference and reserves the right to accept or reject any speaker without explanation.
EXHIBITOR WORKSHOP SPEAKER
When MÂCHÉ accepts an exhibitor's application to sell products or services in the exhibit hall at the annual conference, the exhibitor is also sent an application to be an exhibitor workshop speaker.
Exhibitor workshop speakers conduct workshops that demonstrate and/or explain products they sell or services they offer as exhibitors at the MÂCHÉ Homeschool Conference and Curriculum Fair.
For more information about being an exhibitor at a MÂCHÉ conference, go to the EXHIBITING WITH MÂCHÉ section above.
MÂCHÉ STATEMENT OF FAITH
The corporation will promote and its board members and officers will believe and profess the following Statement of Faith:
- The Bible is the verbally* inspired, infallible, literal, written, Word of God and constitutes His completed and final revelation to man. It is the sole rule of faith and practice for the believer. The Bible, in its original autographs,** is without error in whole and in part, including theological concepts as well as geographical and historical details.
- God has existed from all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, come in human flesh, born of a virgin, being fully God and fully man, except without sin.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- Apart from Christ, all men are in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His Holy character both by nature and act, and are therefore under His wrath and just condemnation.
- The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was Man’s redemption, to demonstrate God’s all-Holy character that He alone is just and the One Who justifies. Jesus Christ alone paid the penalty for man’s sin through His substitutionary death on the cross, the successful accomplishment of which was attested to by His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection.
- Salvation is God’s free gift to the sinner. By God’s grace alone, this gift must be responded to by individual repentance with faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the Church – a living, spiritual body of which Christ is the head and of which all regenerated people in this age are members. We believe that a local church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, and associated for worship, work, fellowship, and learning together. We believe that the local church is critical to God’s purpose for this age and that every Christian should be accountable to and involved with a local church.
- We believe marriage is a God-ordained institution consisting of the union of one biological man and one biological woman.
- We believe God has given parents the responsibility of training and teaching their own children.
* “verbally” – that is, “every word” of the original writings of Scripture was given by the Holy Spirit who superintended each writer and used the unique background and style of each writer in selecting the precise words God wanted to use. In other words, each writer of the Scripture was controlled by the Holy Spirit of God in the choice of the words which he used in communicating divine truth. (Matthew 5:18; 1 Corinthians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)
** “autographs” – a person’s own handwriting or self-recording. Each writer’s original manuscript. Inspiration does not necessarily apply to copies of the original manuscript.
Exhibitor, Advertiser, & Speaker Store
Only approved exhibitors, advertisers or speakers may purchase these items. Please login before proceeding!
1/2 Page Advertisement in The Paper MÂCHÉ / Conference Program Booklet
1/4 Page Advertisement in The Paper MÂCHÉ / Conference Program Booklet
1/8th Page Advertisement in The Paper MÂCHÉ / Conference Program Booklet
Advertise in the NonPaper MÂCHÉ E-newsletter
Full Page Advertisement in The Paper MÂCHÉ / Conference Program Booklet