Advertisers, Exhibitors & Speakers
ADVERTISERS, EXHIBITORS, & SPEAKERS
MÂCHÉ recognizes the advantage of working together with our advertisers, exhibitors, and speakers to benefit the many home educating families in Minnesota. It builds a strong organization and provides a great resource of wisdom, both of which are important in strengthening home education across the state and ultimately our nation.
If you are interested in participating with us in our annual MÂCHÉ convention to encourage and equip Minnesota home educators, the information on this page may be of interest to you. These opportunities are particular to the MÂCHÉ convention and its convention publications.
If you would also like information on becoming a convention sponsor or purchasing advertising in MÂCHÉ's non-convention publications, click on the following links:
We look forward to working with you this year to provide a life-changing home education convention. Open the links to the right for more information.
Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators (MÂCHÉ) is making available the opportunity to purchase advertising space in our Convention Program Booklet, which will be distributed to approximately 4,000 attendees at MÂCHÉ's annual convention.
Size and Pricing
Ad space in MÂCHÉ's Convention Program Booklet is priced as follows:
- Full page ad (7 1⁄2" by 10" printable space) = $600
- Half page ad (7 1⁄2" by 4 3⁄4" printable space) = $375
- Quarter page ad (3 1⁄2" by 4 3⁄4" printable space) = $225
- Eighth page ad (3 1⁄2" by 2 3⁄8" printable space) = $135
- The ad must be in full color.
- Electronic graphic files will be accepted in PDF and JPEG formats only.
- Your submission must be the correct size of the ad which you have paid for and must have a resolution of 300 dpi. No bleeds are accepted.
- Ads designed in word-processing programs (MSWord, WordPerfect), presentation/drawing programs (PowerPoint, Publisher, Paint) or similar programs not uniquely designed for publishing will not be accepted.
- You might consider offering a special deal in your ad for post-convention purchases. For instance, "free shipping" or "10% off" purchases made by a specific date would encourage convention attendees to refer to your ad long after the convention closes, giving your product more exposure than ever before. This is also a good place for your web address to appear.
Cancellation Policy for Advertising in the Convention Program Booklet
Reimbursement for a cancelled advertisement is as follows:
- Eight weeks or more before the convention: full refund, minus a $25 service fee.
- Less than eight weeks before the convention: no refund.
MÂCHÉ requires adherence to the following general guidelines and reserves the right to limit the size or reject any ad without explanation.
- The ad must not undermine MÂCHÉ's STATEMENT OF FAITH.
- The ad must be pertinent to home education.
- The ad must not be offensive to Christians.
- The ad must not be a government-funded program.
- The ad must be a color, JPEG, high-resolution (print quality), digital file.
- The ad must be paid for in advance.
Procedure for Submitting an Ad
The procedure for purchasing and submitting an ad for the convention program booklet is as follows:
- For the actual process of purchasing an advertisement, refer to the “Advertiser & Exhibitor Instructions for Registering Online” page included in your exhibitor invitation letter.
- General Procedural Information:
- All advertisers MUST purchase their ads online before they submit their ad files.
- Ad purchases MUST be made by January 31.
- You will receive an automated invoice/receipt from MÂCHÉ via email.
- Transmit the digitized files to our publications editor email@example.com. All ad files MUST be submitted no later than February 9.
- Make sure you provide your complete contact information (with a current working email address) so the editor can contact you if questions arise.
Submissions for the MÂCHÉ Convention exhibit hall will be accepted beginning in July. Products for sale or services provided should be of educational use or of great interest to home educating families. MÂCHÉ reserves the right to accept or reject an exhibitor without explanation.
Exhibitors who have been invited to participate in a MÂCHÉ Convention exhibit hall within the past three years will automatically receive an invitation email with details about the current convention, including how to register. You do not need to contact MÂCHÉ to be re-invited.
New Exhibitor Candidates
New exhibitors for the MÂCHÉ Convention exhibit hall must submit the following information first, in order for the approval process to begin:
- Brief biographical sketch of yourself and your business
- Brochure or catalogue of your business
- Sample of what you would be selling or services that you would offer
- Contact phone number and mailing address
- Your website address
- Your current working email address
- The name of the person with whom we would be corresponding
If you are approved, you will receive an email invitation to participate in the MÂCHÉ exhibit hall. The invitation will include details about the current convention, as well as how to register for an exhibit hall booth and exhibitor workshop.
MÂCHÉ will continue to invite new exhibitors until the exhibit hall is full. Submitted materials will not be returned.
You may send your correspondence digitally (email) to firstname.lastname@example.org; or you may mail it to:
Exhibit Hall Coordinator
P.O. Box 32308
Fridley, MN 55432
Exhibitor Advertising Opportunities
All invited exhibitors, whether or not they attend the MÂCHÉ Convention, may participate in the following:
- MÂCHÉ Conference Program Booklet, an attractive, 44+ page booklet, contains details of the convention weekend and numerous exhibitor advertisements. MÂCHÉ distributes copies at the convention to approximately 2,500 attending family units (5,000 attendees). To look at a sample conference program booklet, email email@example.com to ask for one.
- Sponsorships are available to help support various MÂCHÉ projects both for the convention and for the organization as a whole. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Silent Auction takes place onsite during Friday/Saturday of the convention. It is a great way for you to create excitement about what you have to offer at your exhibitor booth or online store. Attendees bid on donated items from our members, exhibitors, area businesses, and more. For more information, email email@example.com.
- Convention App: **NEW!!** For as little as $50, reach convention attendees and homeschoolers in a new and innovative way by advertising in the MÂCHÉ App. With over 30,000 sessions during the last convention, you know your message will be seen! Click on the "3) Returning Accounts: Click Here to Make a Purchase" tab at the top. Look for the App icon, then follow instructions.
Once accepted as an exhibitor, you will receive further information in your exhibitor invitation email concerning each of these opportunities.
- July: MÂCHÉ will begin reviewing information from exhibitor and advertiser candidates.
- July Onward: MÂCHÉ will send all approved exhibitors and advertisers an invitation and instructions for online registration. The email will also explain the details of exhibiting, including costs and availability of exhibitor workshops, participating in the Silent Auction, and purchasing advertisements in the Convention Program Booklet. Exhibitor registration will begin in July.
- Mid-November: Exhibitors who wish to have their names included in The Paper MÂCHÉ - Convention Issue magazine (Please note that this edition of our quarterly magazine is different from the Convention Program Booklet) must complete an application by this time in order for us to meet our publication deadlines. If space in the exhibit hall is available after this deadline, exhibitors may continue to submit applications to participate. All exhibitors will be included in the “Online Exhibitor List” on the convention page of MÂCHÉ's website.
- January 1: The Paper MÂCHÉ - Convention Issue magazine will be mailed to previous convention attendees and all MÂCHÉ members (approximately 4,000 family units). MÂCHÉ conference attendee registration will begin.
- February 1: Advertiser applications must be completed by this time in order to be included in the Convention Program Booklet.
- Mid-April: The MÂCHÉ Convention begins.
What does it cost to exhibit?
Single booth - $460
Two In-line booths - $995
Three In-line booths - $1,650 - (4 available)
Four In-line booths - $2,255 - (2 available)
Two-booth EndCap - $1,235 - (5 available)
Four-booth EndCap - $2,935 - (5 available)
Six-booth EndCap - $4,495 - (2 available)
Eight-booth EndCap - $5,995 - (2 available)
Workshops (60 minutes each) - $120 each - (42 available)
What size are the booth spaces?
Each booth space is 10'x10' at all three venues - Rochester, Duluth and St. Paul.
What is included in each booth?
One 8'x2' table
Two folding chairs
One small sign with your business's name on it
What are the set-up and tear-down days and times?
Set-up: Thursday afternoon prior to the convention, 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
Tear-down: Saturday, beginning at 6:30 PM until done.
What are the exhibit hall hours?
Friday and Saturday: 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
When can I get into the exhibit hall in the mornings?
What is included in the exhibitor workshop room?
A screen, a microphone and a lectern.
If you need a PowerPoint projector, you will need to make those arrangements through the DECC (when in Duluth), from Brede (when in St. Paul or Rochester), or you may bring your own. If you rent one through the venue, you will need to provide your own adapter.
What is the cancellation policy for an exhibitor booth?
At least 8 weeks before the convention: You will receive a full refund, less a $25.00 handling fee.
Between 5-8 weeks before the convention: There will be a half refund, less a $25.00 handling fee.
Less than 5 weeks before the convention: There will be no refund.
How do I order electricity or Internet service?
These may be ordered directly from the facility either beforehand or onsite. Cost is higher if ordered onsite. Forms are available on the venues' websites.
St. Paul RiverCentre: http://rivercentre.s3.amazonaws.com/doc/2017-Facility-Rates.pdf
Rochester Mayo Civic Center: https://mayociviccenter.com/exhibitors/exhibitor-information
How do I ship my products to the venue site?
St. Paul RiverCentre: Check with Brede at http://www.brede.com/Home/OnlineOrdering.aspx
Duluth DECC: Check with the DECC at https://decc.org/exhibitor-info-resources-exhibit/online-ordering/
Rochester Mayo Civic Center: Check with Brede at http://www.brede.com/Home/OnlineOrdering.aspx
Where do I unload? Where do I park?
Each facility has a web page where exhibitors can get this information and download maps for both loading and parking. See the web addresses listed above.
Can I bring food into the convention hall?
Yes, as long as it is purchased from the venue's caterers and if you keep it inside your booth area. Each venue’s caterer works hard to accommodate those who are gluten-, dairy-, or nut-intolerant.
What is the sales tax for my products? (Updated for 2020.)
Sales tax for Rochester is 8.125%
Sales tax for St. Paul is 7.875%
Sales tax for Duluth is 8.375%
Can I receive an advanced copy of the exhibit hall floor plan?
The procedure for purchasing an advertisement in the convention program booklet, exhibit hall booth, or exhibitor workshop is listed below. If you have any questions about filling out your form or making your advertising/exhibitor purchases, contact Robert or Tami Bourman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: You are not registered as an exhibitor for the 2020 MÂCHÉ convention until after you complete the purchase of your booth.
FOR NEW EXHIBITORS:
- Review the information on this page.
- Click the "Click Here to Set Up an Account" tab at the top of this page.
- Fill out the form and submit it.
- You will receive an email stating that your application is being reviewed.
- After your application has been reviewed, you will receive an additional email requesting that you click a link to activate your account.
- Login and fill in the blanks provided.
- If applicable, fill out the workshop form and click "Submit." Continue by selecting the size of the booth, program booklet advertisement, and/or workshops that you wish to purchase.
- Check out!
FOR RETURNING EXHIBITORS:
- Login to your MÂCHÉ account. Your "Username" (Login ID) is the email address that you used when purchasing your exhibit booths in previous years. It is the same email that MÂCHÉ used to send you this exhibitor invitation.
- If you have trouble accessing your account, you may need to reset your password.
- Select the "Click Here to Make a Purchase" tab at the top of this page.
- If applicable, fill out the exhibitor workshop form and click "Submit." Continue by selecting the "size of the booth" and/or any "program booklet advertisement" that you wish to purchase.
- Check out!
NOTE TO SPEAKERS:
If you are a MÂCHÉ WORKSHOP SPEAKER, but also have a booth in the exhibit hall, the MÂCHÉ Speaker Coordinator will send you specific instructions on how to register.
EXHIBITOR WORKSHOP SPEAKERS should follow the instructions written above.
There are two types of speaking opportunities at the annual MÂCHÉ Convention.
MÂCHÉ Workshop Speaker
MÂCHÉ invites speakers to share practical information on a variety of subjects of interest to home educating families. The process of inviting speakers to speak at our conference begins during the early summer months, so begin your application process early.
We need a Speaker Packet from each of our potential speakers before starting the consideration process. Please submit the following information:
- Biographical sketch with a recent photo
- Website address
- Phone number and mailing address
- A current working email address
- List of references or conventions where you have spoken in the past
- Titles and descriptions of the workshop topics that you present
- An audio recording of one of your workshop presentations
You may send your correspondence digitally (email) to email@example.com; or you may mail it to: MÂCHÉ Speaker Coordinator, P.O. Box 32308, Fridley, MN 55432.
MÂCHÉ will keep your information for several years and refer to it when considering speakers for future conventions. The speaker coordinator will contact you if your workshop presentation(s) works well with the overall goal and theme of the current convention.
MÂCHÉ does not return submitted materials.
MÂCHÉ decides which speakers to invite to speak at the convention and reserves the right to accept or reject any speaker without explanation.
Exhibitor Workshop Speaker
After MÂCHÉ approves an exhibitor's application to sell products or services in the convention exhibit hall, the exhibitor is then sent an exhibit hall invitation which includes information on being an exhibitor workshop speaker.
Exhibitor workshop speakers conduct workshops that demonstrate and/or explain products they sell or services they offer as exhibitors at the MÂCHÉ Convention.
For more information about being an exhibitor at a MÂCHÉ convention, read the "EXHIBITING WITH MÂCHÉ" section above.
The corporation will promote and its board members and officers will believe and profess the following Statement of Faith:
- The Bible is the verbally* inspired, infallible, literal, written, Word of God and constitutes His completed and final revelation to man. It is the sole rule of faith and practice for the believer. The Bible, in its original autographs,** is without error in whole and in part, including theological concepts as well as geographical and historical details.
- God has existed from all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, come in human flesh, born of a virgin, being fully God and fully man, except without sin.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- Apart from Christ, all men are in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His Holy character both by nature and act, and are therefore under His wrath and just condemnation.
- The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was Man’s redemption, to demonstrate God’s all-Holy character that He alone is just and the One Who justifies. Jesus Christ alone paid the penalty for man’s sin through His substitutionary death on the cross, the successful accomplishment of which was attested to by His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection.
- Salvation is God’s free gift to the sinner. By God’s grace alone, this gift must be responded to by individual repentance with faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the Church – a living, spiritual body of which Christ is the head and of which all regenerated people in this age are members. We believe that a local church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, and associated for worship, work, fellowship, and learning together. We believe that the local church is critical to God’s purpose for this age and that every Christian should be accountable to and involved with a local church.
- We believe marriage is a God-ordained institution consisting of the union of one biological man and one biological woman.
- We believe God has given parents the responsibility of training and teaching their own children.
* “verbally” – that is, “every word” of the original writings of Scripture was given by the Holy Spirit who superintended each writer and used the unique background and style of each writer in selecting the precise words God wanted to use. In other words, each writer of the Scripture was controlled by the Holy Spirit of God in the choice of the words which he used in communicating divine truth. (Matthew 5:18; 1 Corinthians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)
** “autographs” – a person’s own handwriting or self-recording. Each writer’s original manuscript. Inspiration does not necessarily apply to copies of the original manuscript.
Exhibitor, Advertiser, & Speaker Store
Only pre-approved exhibitors, advertisers or speakers may purchase these items. Please login before proceeding!
Full Page Advertisement: The Paper MÂCHÉ or Convention Program Booklet
1/2 Page Advertisement: The Paper MÂCHÉ or Convention Program Booklet
1/4 Page Advertisement: The Paper MÂCHÉ or Convention Program Booklet
1/8 Page Advertisement: The Paper MÂCHÉ or Convention Program Booklet
Advertisement: The NonPaper MÂCHÉ E-newsletter
MÂCHÉ App Advertising-2020