WATCH/Warroad Area Teachers of Children at Home
Group Type: Support
County: Lake of the Woods and Roseau
Keywords: Christian, classes, curriculum, family, field trips, general, geography, preschool, presentations, spelling, and teens
Group Location: Various Locations
Warroad, MN 56763
WATCH exists to facilitate networking for homeschooling families in northernmost Minnesota.
Members who have a heart to network and serve others in this capacity initiate and run activities. We have a website for members to post questions and answers, legislative issues, materials to buy and sell, educational opportunities, enrichment classes, and other activities. We currently have a geography club and history club that meet once a month during the school season, soccer in the fall, skating and ski/snowboard day in the winter, and a homeschool tournament day and graduation in the spring.
We encourage our members to organize various activities of interest to their family. Our diverse group holds the possibility for beneficial and excellent networking.
Here is a listing of some of the activities our group has done over the past 25+ years.
• Ethnic Night, Mom’s Night Out, Parent’s Night Out, Family Night, Girls’ Day Out, Girls’ Night Out,
• Enrichment Classes: Geography Club, History Studies, Cultural Studies, Speech, Drama, Art Classes, First Aid/CPR, Help w/Algebra Classes, Science Fair, Spelling Bee,
• Sports/Recreation: Soccer, Bowling, Skating, Hockey, Swimming, Open Gym, Ski/Snowboard Trips, Fun Mountain (water park), Sliding Parties, Camp outs, Hay Rides, Pinewood Derby, Track and Field Day, Corn Maze
• Field Trips: Marvin Windows, Polaris, QC Techniques Inc., Intercept/BBDS, Christian Brothers, The Bank, Post Office, KBHW(Christian radio station), Paper Mill and State Park, Fort St. Charles, Mennonite Museum in Steinbach, Manitoba…
• Testing Options, Graduation
• Used Book Exchange (Curriculum Swap and Sell), Bake Sale
• Numerous Seminars and Workshops,
• Cookie Exchange, Caroling and Serving at Care Center…
We welcome homeschooling families with the understanding that we are a Christian based organization.