Volunteer Positions Available with MÂCHÉ
MÂCHÉ would like to expand its outreach in the home education community. With this goal in mind, the following year-round volunteer positions are available. If you would like the joy of investing in the lives of other home educators by helping in any of these areas, please contact us at email@example.com. In return for your service, you would receive a complimentary MÂCHÉ membership and a waived convention husband/wife registration fee.
This volunteer position would manage all of MÂCHÉ's written forms of communication and oversee other volunteers who work in this area. This would include, but not be limited to, The Paper MÂCHÉ, NonPaper MÂCHÉ, Blog, and Website.
This person should have skills in writing, grammar, publication, and website management.
This volunteer position would develop and manage MÂCHÉ's Blog.
Keep the Blog attractive, updated, and well organized.
Contribute posts at least monthly and find other writers who would allow MÂCHÉ to occasionally publish one of their Blogs on our page.
This volunteer position would make the MÂCHÉ website the "Go-To" place for homeschool information. Responsibilities would include:
- Add and format new content when needed. This would include content which he/she has written, but may also include content which other people have written.
- Have graphic design skills and experience with WordPress.
- Keep information on the website current and attractive.
This volunteer position would be responsible for gathering current news and creating an attractive twice-monthly e-newsletter.
The information for the NPM would come from notices and announcements sent to MÂCHÉ from homeschool-related businesses and individuals around the state.
- Be familiar with MailChimp and Constant Contact.
- Send an occasional E-blast for MÂCHÉ sponsors and occasional legislative alerts.
- Format and insert advertising into the NPM.
- Respond to inquiries and/or questions that advertisers or individuals might have.
- Requires approximately sixteen hours of work per month.
This volunteer would guide the organization in keeping a healthy financial atmosphere and make sure that the financial records are accurate.
Working with the executive director and treasurer:
- Coordinate the money management of the MACHE organization.
- Help create an annual budget.
- Oversee the bookkeeper.
- Oversee the sponsorship manager.
This volunteer would be responsible for managing all aspects of sponsorships. Responsibilities would include:
- Contact potential sponsors for the MÂCHÉ organization for both year-round functions and the annual convention.
- Keep the Sponsorship Kit updated as necessary.
- Negotiate details with potential sponsors.
- See that the sponsorship agreement details are carried out by the MÂCHÉ people who would be involved.
- Follow-up with the sponsors to thank them for their support of Minnesota homeschoolers.
This volunteer would perform basic bookkeeping tasks
Be skilled with Quickbooks Pro software.
Generate monthly reports.
This volunteer will find ways to build long term sustainability for the organization. This would involve encouraging monetary donations and brainstorming other areas of financial income for the organization.
The Marketing Director will look for ways to market (promote) the MÂCHÉ organization to both our membership and the public.
- Consult with the executive director regarding marketing guidelines and ideas to expand MÂCHÉ's goals.
- Recommend ways to get our message out to the public -- churches, new homeschoolers, public venues, newspapers, media, etc.
- Oversee the advertising and membership managers.
- Give a quarterly written report to the executive director.
The Advertising Manager will be the liaison between MÂCHÉ and all advertisers.
- Make sure the Advertising Kit is updated as necessary.
- Answer any questions that the advertisers may have concerning advertisement information and fees.
- Follow up with the magazine, e-newsletter, and website editors to make sure that the ads are taken care of in a timely fashion.
The Membership Manager helps MÂCHÉ to find ways to encourage and build membership.
- Consult with the executive director and marketing director about ways that MÂCHÉ can build membership.
- Implement and follow-through with the plan that was decided upon.
- Encourage new/renewing MÂCHÉ memberships.
- Brainstorm ways that MÂCHÉ can "add value" to membership.
The Community Relations Director will be the liaison between MÂCHÉ and the community at large and oversee the work in the following areas: special needs, support groups, public relations, special events, etc.
- Develop a plan for building good rapport with the community.
- Set guidelines and parameters for these areas.
- Oversee the work of the special needs manager and support groups manager.
- Inform MÂCHÉ of needs in the community.
- Make sure that all areas pertaining to community relations work well together.
The Special Needs Manager will be the liaison between MÂCHÉ and the special needs community.
- Respond to all phone/email inquiries from special needs families.
- Update the special needs section of the MÂCHÉ online handbook as needed.
- Keep a list of possible helps, counsellors, and groups that can help with any special needs inquiries.
- Create an attractive and current MÂCHÉ special needs webpage. Update as needed.
- Manage the special needs Facebook group.
The Support Group Manager will be the liaison between MÂCHÉ and the support group communities around the state.
- Respond to all phone/email inquiries coming to MÂCHÉ from support group leaders.
- Facilitate training/forums for support group leaders.
- Keep MÂCHÉ support group webpage attractive and current.
- Build rapport with support group leaders around the state.
- Update the support group section of the MÂCHÉ online handbook as needed.
The Special Events Manager will coordinate special MÂCHÉ events outside of the convention, graduation, and Capitol Day.
- With the executive director and community relations director, determine a reasonable budget for any special event that MÂCHÉ needs to provide to homeschoolers.
- Plan all details for the event.
- Select helpers as needed.