Volunteer and Paid Positions Available with MÂCHÉ
MÂCHÉ would like to expand its outreach in the home education community. With this goal in mind, the following year-round volunteer positions are available. If you would like the joy of investing in the lives of other home educators by helping in any of these areas, please contact us by filling out the form below and submitting your resume and cover letter. In return for your service, you would receive a complimentary MÂCHÉ membership and a waived convention husband/wife registration fee.
Executive Director – Homeschool Minnesota MÂCHÉ
Homeschool Minnesota – MÂCHÉ (Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators) is a statewide organization for parents who have chosen to home educate. It was formed in 1983 to encourage families in accordance with Biblical principles and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Our mission is to inspire, equip, and protect Minnesota homeschool families.
The Executive Director is responsible for the oversight of the organization and provides strategic leadership and fiscal responsibility for MÂCHÉ as an organization. The Executive Director also provides leadership and guidance to all contractors and volunteers and will maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the homeschooling culture, law, trends and strategies. This position works directly with and reports to the MÂCHÉ Board of Directors.
- Maintain, adhere and communicate written policies and procedures that govern the organization.
- Ability to motivate, empower (delegate) contractors and volunteers to execute the mission of MÂCHÉ.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of the annual operating budget. Allocate resources as defined by the budget to achieve MÂCHÉ’s mission.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with contractors, volunteers, business partners and homeschool families.
- Communicate effectively, honestly, and openly with the Board of Directors. Implement Board directives and policies in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the success of fundraising, marketing, and sponsorship efforts by engaging and empowering people with expertise to complete MÂCHÉ’s financial objectives.
- Create/Update job descriptions for volunteer and contractor positions. Perform periodic evaluations of staff/volunteer performance.
- Maintain an active presence at the State Legislature with the goal of protecting homeschool freedoms in Minnesota.
- Develop and maintain publications, websites, social media platforms to maintain regular contact with diverse groups of Minnesota homeschoolers.
Job Type: Part-time
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in managing non-profit organizations.
- Strong administrative skills, ability to motivate and empower contractors and volunteers.
- A dedicated and reliable leader who is committed to home education.
- Prefer one or more years of management experience.
This volunteer would be responsible for managing all aspects of sponsorships. Responsibilities would include:
- Contact potential sponsors for the MÂCHÉ organization for both year-round functions and the annual convention.
- Keep the Sponsorship Kit updated as necessary.
- Negotiate details with potential sponsors.
- Follow-up with the sponsors to thank them for their support of Minnesota homeschoolers.
Do you have strong graphic design skills, love to be creative and would like to put your talents to work? MACHE is looking for a motivated graphic designer for social media, e-newsletter, and website updates. Consider volunteering from home a few flexible hours a week for an organization who serves Minnesota homeschool families. We would love to work with you to Inspire, equip, and protect MN homeschool families!
The Marketing Director will look for ways to market (promote) the MÂCHÉ organization to both our membership and the public.
- Consult with the executive director regarding marketing guidelines and ideas to expand MÂCHÉ's goals.
- Recommend ways to get our message out to the public -- churches, new homeschoolers, public venues, newspapers, media, etc.
- Give a quarterly written report to the executive director.